NT owner, ACL info?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Thu Apr 16 12:27:44 GMT 1998

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Rob Riggs wrote:

> Does the SMB (or CIFS) protocol define some way of
> querying an NT server on the owner and ACLs of a
> particular file?

no it does not.  the "source code" of NT and Win95 microsoft see as the
definitive "spec".  that is not to say that we can't stare at network
traces and work it out.

we (any samba team member) just haven't done this yet :-)

> If 'yes', does Samba implement the client side code
> to fetch this info anywhere?

there is some limited SAM 'fetch' code in BRANCH_NTDOM, however i have yet
to verify if this is relevant for file ACLs.

regarding your patches, the best place to send these is to samba-bugs with
a subject line starting PATCH:

one of the samba-bugs team will pick it up, and the developers will
evaluate it.  keep 'em coming!

luke