clientgen...

Bartlomiej Czardybon czar at silesia.pik-net.pl
Thu Apr 16 07:47:18 GMT 1998

On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 09:02:58AM +1000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > Here is one question: is there going to be done effort to make from
> > clientgen.c consistent and in some way not connected with samba itself,
> > set of functions, kind of library, which could be used by developers
> > of client programs ?
>
> take a look at http://www.cb1.com/~lkcl/pam_ntdom - i have already done
> exactly this, going further by sub-dividing the dce/rpc code and the smb
> lib code _both_ into separate libraries.

i havent taken a look at it, but it sounds very well :-)
But... all my doubts were connected with this:

You can separate smblib from main samba code, but how are You going to
keep it in state with original samba code, which is being continously changed ?

--
Bartlomiej Czardybon, System Administrator, PiK-Net ul. Toszecka 102 Gliwice
voice: +48 32 279-96-00   fax: +48 32 279-96-01