NT owner, ACL info?

Rob Riggs rob at devilsthumb.com
Thu Apr 16 02:06:47 GMT 1998

Does the SMB (or CIFS) protocol define some way of
querying an NT server on the owner and ACLs of a
particular file?

If 'yes', does Samba implement the client side code
to fetch this info anywhere?

I am interested in extending smbclient's tar
capability to store and restore this info using a
method similar to the way GNU long file names are
stored.

Oh, and in case anyone missed it, I posted a patch
to the 'samba' list that adds long filename restore
capability to smbclient. I can repost it here if
anyone wants. I did this to get NT backup/restore
stuff working under Amanda.

I also would like to submit a patch to smbclient
that puts quotes around the filenames returned by
'ls' and 'dir'. Currently there is no easy way for
scripts to parse the output of these commands. Any
problems with this? Will it break anything?

-Rob
--
Rob Riggs                        Devil's Thumb Entertainment
Network Administrator            Boulder, CO - (303) 938-1200