Regex.h, regcomp, etc, how to include

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Apr 10 23:23:26 GMT 1998

Hi,

Thanks to Jean-Francois Micouleau for telling me the bad news :-) with
respect to regex.h and friends.

This raises an issue of how we package this.

Is it acceptible to distribute GNU regex?

In any case, it seems that I had better protect the sections that use
regular expression pattern matching with an IFDEF (like #IFDEF
REGEX_FILE_MATCHING) which is off by default, so that people can enable it
them selves if they want it.

I can check the availability on a limited number of systems, like Digital
UNIX, AIX, Linux, and perhaps ULTRIX ...

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Linux, AIX, Digital UNIX, ULTRIX, SunOS, Samba, Apache, NetScape, ICSS,
Perl, C, C++ ...