CVS update: samba/source

Christopher R. Hertel crh at NTS.Umn.EDU
Thu Apr 9 07:54:25 GMT 1998

Jeremy,

The problem is in ubi_Cache.c, where I have:

static char ModuleID[] =
"ubi_Cache\n\
\t$Revision: 0.0 $\n\
\t$Date: 1997/12/18 06:24:33 $\n\
\t$Author: crh $\n";

In ubi_BinTree.c I have a function which prints these out.  I need to
write a similar function for ubi_Cache.c, but it had occurred to me that
it was silly to write the same function in every module.  I hadn't had
time to come up with a new way of doing this, so I just left the string
in ubi_Cache.  A warning is valid, but the -Werror turns warnings into
errors.

Honestly, I don't know how you compile at all.  I get *lots* of warnings
when I compile on the SGI.

Anyway, I'd prefer to just leave it as it is.  It's all a matter of
deciding where the problem lives.  From your point of view, it's in my
code, but in my point of view...  Well, I do take warnings seriously but
if I know why they're there I typically let them go.  They serve to
remind me of future enhancements.

You could compile the ubiqx modules first (without -Werror) and then
compile the rest as you like.

Let me know if you really can't bring yourself to let this one go.

Chris -)-----