SIDs of local groups (fwd)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Apr 7 14:31:06 GMT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 15:09:46 -0700
From: Scott Field <sfield at MICROSOFT.COM>
To: NTBUGTRAQ at LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM
Subject: Re: SIDs of local groups

Sorry, I overlooked the part of the post about getsid.

I just looked at the getsid source code and it is not correctly converting
the sid to textual form.   This error will be corrected, I or somebody else
will post information regarding a fix to getsid when it becomes available.
It's likely the article was deriving values based on the output of the
utility, hence the coincidence.