smbclient and tar changes

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Apr 3 01:31:38 GMT 1998

At 10:00 AM 4/3/98 +1000, Andrew Tridgell wrote:
>> I have also noticed that file creation times do not seem to be restored.
>> clitar puts a creation time in the CREAT SMB, but I wonder if this is being
>> ignored. It also uses dostime3 or some such. Can anyone comment?
>
>you will probably need to either set the time in the SMBclose or send
>an explicit setattr. Setting it in the close is probably best for speed.

Hmmm, further digging reveals that it is only directories that seem not to
have the correct dates, and perhaps other attributes, like hidden etc.

I suspect that I may need to make a setattr call in this case.

>Cheers, Andrew

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Linux, AIX, Digital UNIX, ULTRIX, SunOS, Samba, Apache, NetScape, ICSS,
Perl, C, C++ ...