[samba-soc] bzr links and mini-howto

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Sat May 27 18:40:28 GMT 2006

With the bzr trees up at

  http://www.samba.org/~jerry/bzr/SAMBA_3_0.bzr/
  http://www.samba.org/~jerry/bzr/SAMBA_4_0.bzr/

I thought a short howto was in order.  If you haven't
read the howtos at http://bazaar-vcs.org/Tutorials, start
there.

* To maintain a mirror of a bzr tree,
	bzr pull URL

* To start your own local branch
	bzr branch URL

* To merge changes from another tree to your local tree
	bzr merge URL
  Note that this does not commit the changes to your
  local branch.

* To revert a change in your local tree that has not
  been committed
	(from root of tree) bzr diff | patch -p0 -R
	or, bzr revert <filename>

* To revert a change that has been checked in
	bzr merge -r newrev..oldrev .

* see 'bzr help' for general syntax and usage
  (e.g. bzr help {add,remove,log,commit})

You also might want to look at the bzrtools plugins.
More details can be found at http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrTools
This plugin includes an rspush variant which is what
I use to push trees to samba.org.  There's also a generic
'push' command which can be used woth sftp:// URLs.

I'm still working on where to publish your trees.  It will
be on samba.org but I'm undecided on www.samba.org or
people.samba.org.  The latter is the blog server but
seems to make more sense.  We'll have to do a little
bit of apache reconfiguration to make that work.

PS: I'm heading to Boston next week so email responses
might be slightly delayed.  But I'll be online and
probably on IRC some as well.

cheers, jerry