[samba-soc] first cup of coffee, ssh, gpg, & email

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Jun 30 12:04:16 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter schrieb:
> Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>

>>>I'm the SVN admin on samba.org.
>>>And I'll create the branches for all of you soon.
>>>Please give a few (1-3) days to set all this up.
>>>
>>>PLEASE: don't use svn+ssh: access to our repositories till,
>>>I send the OK on this mailing list.
>>>
>>>if you want to start coding, please use the SVN-URL's from
>>>here:
>>>http://devel.samba.org/
>

> Just to follow up on metze's message:
>
> The plan is to to create several branches in the main
> Samba svn repository.  Creating the branches is easy.
> We just need a little time to setup the permissions
> correctly.
>
> The layout will be something like this:
>
> /samba/branches/SOC/SAMBA_3_0	(smbclient and libmsrpc work)
> /samba/branches/SOC/sangria	(python framework)
> /samba/branches/SOC/SAMBA_4_0	(DsSync work)
> /linux-cifs-client/branches/SOC	(dnotify cifs fs work)

Ok, I have setup the permissions:
(simplicy I didn't distinguish between persons I just use o group 'soc')
so please don't abuse this, and only work on your repository via svn+ssh!
(please just use svn://svnanon.samba.org/... for other stuff you're interesstes)

this are the repository pathes you should use:

skel:
kalim:
svn co svn+ssh://svn.samba.org/home/svn/samba/branches/SOC/SAMBA_3_0 samba3-soc

brad:
svn co svn+ssh://svn.samba.org/home/svn/samba/branches/SOC/SAMBA_4_0 samba4-soc

amit:
svn co svn+ssh://svn.samba.org/home/svn/lorikeet/trunk/sangria sangria

asser:
svn co svn+ssh://svn.samba.org/home/svn/linux-cifs-client/branches/SOC/linux-2.6bk-dnotify
cifs-fs-dnotofy

I think it would maybe to very usefull to merge changes from the main branches to your branch
every day!
Because it's maybe hard to merge all changes of 2 month, when your project ends.
But please discuss details with your mentor.

(you can use svn for this, or take a look at http://svk.elixus.org/, or just use dirdiff or so)

- --
metze

Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org> www.samba.org