[samba-soc] Hi all

Amit Regmi amitregmi at neolinuxsolutions.com
Thu Jul 21 02:31:04 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I have to design Samba Framework in Python .
Previously I was facing problems on the design issues and still am
confused.
What I have at hand is a script to make changes in the smb.conf file.

What I also have at present are the classes

    FileService class
    PrintService class

Now what I am doing at present is to come up with a

    Server class :

This server class would be having various methods like

    SetServerAsPDC()
    SetServerAsDomainMemberServer()
    SetServerAsWorkgroupServer()
    SetServerAsWINSServer()
    SetServerAsWorkgroupServer()
    FixSecurityIssues()
Now these methods would be using FileService and PrintService objects
    and fix up the file shares and the print shares for the Intended
server type accordingly ...
What I also want to do is come up with few functions like

    replace_A_Line_In_Smb_conf()
    edit_A_section_In_Smb_conf()
  I couldn't have a clear cut Ideas on what issues I have to handle for
Printers.
I had not been much into samba until now.

A small peace of advice from you all experienced people might get me on
the right direction.

Best Regards,
Amit
:-)