No subject

Tue Dec 2 02:23:37 GMT 2003

the -D 8 flag, it seems that smbpasswd was
successfully reaching the PDC to attempt to make the
machine account, but it couldn't complete the task.

The thing that's causing me to bang my head against
the wall is that next to my Solaris box is an NT box.
Just for the hell of it, after turning off Samba on my
Solaris box, I switched the name on the NT box to the
netbios name of the Solaris box, and I was able to
join the domain just fine (therefore proving, I guess,
that the network admins set up the machine account in
server manager properly).

What should I try?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos