No subject

Tue Dec 2 02:23:37 GMT 2003

ey
        jupiter.informatik.umu.se") by samba.org with ESMTP
	id <S26781559AbQHBQ52>; Thu, 3 Aug 2000 02:57:28 +1000
Date:   Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:00:23 +0200 (MEST)
From:   =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C5ke?= Holmlund <holm at informatik.umu.se>
Subject: Re: cvs compile-probs (was Re: was [TNG] Status (and merging))
To:     elrond at samba.org
Cc:     samba-ntdom at samba.org

> On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 05:12:36PM +0200, Åke Holmlund wrote:
> > Elrond wrote:
> > > On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 09:30:28PM +1000, Åke Holmlund wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > This sounds like you were trying --with-msdfs or something
> > > like that. msdfs isn't working currently in TNG.
> > >
> > > Could you retry the compile?
> >
> > I just did a cvs update, make clean, configure and make. Same problem.
> > I ran configure with this script:
> >
> > #! /bin/sh
> > /bin/rm config.cache
> > env \
> > CFLAGS="-g -xsb" \
> > ./configure \
> > --prefix=/local/opt/Samba \
> > --sysconfdir=/var/conf/Samba \
> > --localstatedir=/var/conf/Samba \
> > --with-privatedir=/var/conf/Samba/private \
> > --with-lockdir=/var/conf/Samba/locks \
> > --with-ldap \
> > --with-quotas
>
> Hmmm... that looks crazy...
> What OS/version and compiler/version are you using there?

Solaris7 sparc and Sun Workshop 5 compiler.

> I'm using configure.nodebug.developer from the
> source-directory, but that be mostly compatible with yours,
> except, it's not doing ldap and quotas.
>
> source $ nm smbd/trans2.o | grep is_msdfs
>          U is_msdfs_volume
> source $ nm msdfs/msdfs.o | grep is_
> 00000014 T is_msdfs_volume
>

> And msdfs/msdfos.o is in the linkline from Makefile.in. So
> I currently don't have any idea, what's happening... can
> you try to investigate this a little?
>
> (msdfs/msdfs.o should provide a dummy is_msdfs_volume,
> which simply does "return True;", and I currently don't
> see, why it should not be compiled in.)

Aaa, found the problem. The dummy function is missing (tried removing
msdfs.c and a new cvs update)! Now everything compiles fine BUT swat
doesn't link:

Linking bin/swat
ild: (undefined symbol) lookup_sid -- referenced in bin/.libs/libsmbpw.so
*** Error code 5
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bin/swat'

Since I'm not using swat and are very pressed for time right now I just
ripped swat out of the Makefile :-) to be able to test the new cvs.

> > > Users should be able to set their password from
> > > Alt-Ctrl-Del.
> >
> > Doesn't work.
>
> I hope, it is working in current cvs... (if you get to
> compile it or at least find the problem)

Still doesn't work but I suspect it might be an LDAP related problem.

> > Also smbpasswd seems to get the LM-password right but screws
> > up the NT-password. Haven't had time to investigate since I'm getting ready
> > for a 2 week vacation starting sunday :-)
>
> Oh well... Luke wants smbpasswd to die... so don't trust it
> a lot...
>
> samedit (rpcclient) currently should realy work better...)

smbpasswd already seems to have disappeared from the latest cvs (at least
it doesn't get installed). I'm just interested in using it as a siple way
for users to change their smb passwords from Unix. As far as I understands
samedit (rpcclient) they are too complicated to use for this purpouse.

> > of other things not working but I'm not too worried about them right now!
>
> Examples? Also I've to note, I'm more interested, wether
> they still would fail in current CVS.

I have tried using usermanager for domains to check if W2k "agrees" with my
view of users and groups. With 2.5 and ~10 users/groups it looked fine
except some problems connecting a user with a group. Then I added ~750 users
and the usermanager broke down with an RPC error. With the latest cvs i
get permission denied when trying to use the usermanager. Might be a
setup problem. I'm not really sure of the permissions needed locally
and remotely to be able to run usermanager.

Also when checking security on a file on an network drive i get very strange
results. This MIGHT be connected to the password changing problem (LDAP).

/ÅH