No subject

Tue Dec 2 02:23:37 GMT 2003

jos
        rslx01.fht-esslingen.de") by samba.org with ESMTP
	id <S12615746AbQEJXZa>; Thu, 11 May 2000 09:25:30 +1000
From:   "Osama Abu-Aish" <osabmt00 at fht-esslingen.de>
To:     samba-ntdom at samba.org
Date:   Thu, 11 May 2000 00:04:08 +0100
Subject: Re: still can't join domain

Am 11 May 00, um 6:57 Uhr schrieb Paul J Collins zum Thema Re: still can't join domain:
Dazu meine Meinung:

>     Osama> Hallo everyone, when trying to join a NT4SP5 controlled
>     Osama> Domain with samba-TNG from yesterday evening it looks lie
>     Osama> this:
>
> There are problems with logging on with the current CVS Samba.  Watch
> this list for updates.
The TNG machine is not a logon server - the domain is controlled by a WinNT4SP5
PDC. I have several Samba 2.0.6 servers as domain members without any problems.
Only TNG can't join the domain.

>     Osama> /rpcclient -S ASTERIX -U root -W HOMENET.OAA -n GARNIX
>
> I believe NT has issues with domains that have periods in the names
> (tends to truncate the name from the first period onwards, I believe).
> This may or may not be a contribution to the problems you are having,
> but it is not recommended.
I know this, but since I have no problems with Win9X, WinNT, Win2k and Samba 2.0.x
I don't want to change the name of the whole domain...

I guess it has something to do with my setup because I'm having this problem for
several month now. In fact I haven't been able to join the TNG machine to the domain
since TNG exists... :(

Could there be any problem because TNG is running on a virtual iface (eth0:0) with
samba 2.0.6 machine (eth0:1). The have different netbios names and IPs. And I use the
"bind interfaces only" parameter in smb.conf.

Thx, Osama
---
Fachhochschule für Technik Esslingen
Außenstelle Goeppingen