Win2k Logon error - Trust Relationships ???

service service at arrowsmithcomputerco.com.au
Thu Sep 27 02:07:03 GMT 2001

Hi,

Problem:	Basicly my Win2k Machine can register it's self on the Domain but
 		after the first re-boot when I try to login to the domain it comes up with
 		the following error:

	"The system cannot log you on to this domain because the system's computer
 	account in it's primary domain is missing or the password on that account
 	is incorrect."

		I can logon the local machine, where I can access the shares on the samba
		server, It seems at the re-boot phase it's loosing the trust relationship.

		When on the Win2k machine, when I try accessing the domain users (ie.
 		through, control pannel, users & password, new user, browse) the following
		error comes up.

	"The user could not be added because the following error has occurred:
	The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain
	failed."

		I have tryed putting the workstation back on the domain many times, but
  		after  each re-boot the same logon errors start.

What I have:	Samba 2.2.1a (1st tryed on Samba 2.2.0)
		Redhat Linux 7.1 with Kernel ver 2.4.2-SGI with XFS v1.0

		Win 2k ver 5.00.2195 (+ tryed a Win2k with Service Pack 2)

The error log's for the win2k machine states:

"[2001/09/27 16:29:07, 1] smbd/reply.c:reply_sesssetup_and_X(1067)
  Username guest is invalid on this system"

The Smb.conf file looks like:

--start--
[global]

workgroup = domain
netbios name = server
domain admin group = @adm
log level = 2
server string = server samba server
hosts allow = 192.168. 127.
printcap name = /etc/printcap
load printers = yes
printing = lprng
;guest account = guest
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 1047
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
unix passwd sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u

passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n

socket options - TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
local master = yes
os level = 64
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes