Another upgrade problem 2.2.19 --> 2.4.9

Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com
Wed Sep 26 05:05:37 GMT 2001

Hi,

Quota system is completely broken under linus kernels. I tried with 2.4.9
and had exactly the same problems. Linus kernels won't handle vfsv0 and
redhat systems do not handle vfsold correctly.

If you want to use quota, you must use either redhat or alan cox kernels. I
am using redhat 2.4.3-12 without any problems.

cheers
Gustavo