Samba and Windows 2000

DavidAtkinson at solectron.com DavidAtkinson at solectron.com
Tue Sep 25 21:11:04 GMT 2001

I have a copy 1.9.something running using server based auth. (It is RedHat
5.2, no updates). It still works fine, and I have yet to see a valid reason
to upgrade it. There are some very nice features in the newer version, but
the old 1.9.x release works fine. It even handles encrypted passwords. It is
good if you can upgrade, but not vital. It would however be (by me also)
highly recommended that you start using encrypted passwords.

Regards
David Atkinson.