Symantec Ghost cann't join Samba-PDC domain

Ken Willett kwillett at ignisys.com
Tue Sep 25 12:22:03 GMT 2001

Ghost 7.0 Enterprise Edition does have multicast support. We just got it, so
I haven't had a chance to try it yet. The idea is that you configure a small
boot partition on each client machine. When booted with that partition, the
client waits for multicast data to be sent from the console.  Once you get
all your machines ready to receive, you start the multicast and they all
update their main partition at once.

Sounds great; I don't know how well it works in practice.