Win98 Logon Script Question

Curtis Curtis at scdservices.zzn.com
Tue Sep 25 09:08:02 GMT 2001

I have a logon script STARTUP.BAT  It's working great except for when
Windows 98/Me clients login it's not mapping the users home directory
to an H: drive.

Here is STARTUP.BAT

NET TIME \\MOUSE /SET /YES
NET USE H: \\MOUSE\%USERNAME%
NET USE M: \\MORPHEUS\PUBLIC
NET USE N: \\NEO\ZION
NET USE O: \\MOUSE\PUBLIC

As you can see the second command: uses the %USERNAME% Variable to
map the username to the users home directory on the Samba Server.
However this is working great for my NT and W2K clients it's just the
98/Me clients that are having problems.

I know this isn't really a Linux question and more of an NT question,
but I thought someone on this list may have a quick solution.

Oh, I was using the Global parameters:

       logon path = \\%N\profiles
       logon drive = H:
       logon home = \\%N\%u

Which was working however I didn't want to use roaming profiles, so I
did away with those and know I'm trying to find a way for windows
98/Me clients to map their home directories from the STARTUP.BAT file
without having individual BAT files.

Thanks,
Curtis Strite
SCD Services