Symantec Ghost cann't join Samba-PDC domain

DavidAtkinson at solectron.com DavidAtkinson at solectron.com
Mon Sep 24 01:40:03 GMT 2001

Matt,
As you have already heard from uwe (Sorry uwe, I don't know your name) Ghost
copies the machine as is, and it is most likely that the machine account
password has expired. In NT the only solution is, as suggested, recreate the
accounts for each machine one-by-one, but Win2k has a cloning prep tool that
clears out all the network unique stuff from the system prior to cloning
using Ghost. Information on that is available from Microsoft. Try looking at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/default.asp
for tips on installing your client machines with Windows 2000