Symantec Ghost cann't join Samba-PDC domain

umaier at gmx.de umaier at gmx.de
Mon Sep 24 00:56:03 GMT 2001

[...]
> Questions you might be able to help me with:

[...]
Sorry, no solution for the other questions.

> 3. Is anyone doing this successfully? In other words, is it just me/my
> server?
As far as I know NT is frequently changing its ID at the PDC. The PDC
accepts the new ID and continues working. But if you step back to an old image
containing the old ID you obviously get an error because of the outdated ID.
We've seen this also in an NT4 environment. If the time between dumping and
restoring the image is short enough the ID wasn't changed in between so
everything works right. Maybe that's what you've seen with Win2k.

uwe

http://www.gmx.net