Weird Folder Looping

Barry, Christopher cbarry at infiniconsys.com
Thu Sep 20 16:33:02 GMT 2001

Hi. Has anyone seen the behavior of having explorer folder traversal
loop? By this I mean, directories repeat over and over.

As an example, say the samba server has a share on it called documents.
I'll navigate to a file 3 or 4 directories beneath documents. Let's say
the path looks like:

documents\dir1\dir2\dir3\dir4\somefile.txt

As I expand the tree, it can drop back to the root of documents, adding
ghost directories, like:

documents\dir1\dir2\dir1\dir2\dir1\dir2\dir3\dir4\somefile.txt

It's flaky. Has anyone seen this? Not all of our win2k boxes produce
this problem, all are at sp2. I'm using msdfs with samba 2.2.1a

Thanks,

--

 <mailto:cbarry at infiniconsys.com> Christopher Barry
<http://www.infiniconsys.com/> InfiniCon Systems