Linux in NT Domain

trus at cataland.intnet.mu trus at cataland.intnet.mu
Thu Sep 20 02:58:02 GMT 2001

Hi again

Yes, I have Samba 2.0.7 installed.
I'm still trying to figure out how to use submount...
Has anyone tried Konqueror or Gnomba in the same way as Network
Neighborhood in Win NT?

Thanks again
Tawsheeq

> Hi everybody
>
> First of all, I am completely new to Linux and to this mailing list.
> I've just installed Linux Mandrake 7.2 as a 'workstation' within a LAN.
> Now, I want to be able to view and access the shared volumes found on NT
> servers and other NT stations within the same network.
> Can anyone please help me out of this?

First you have to make sure you installed samba of some sort. Then
check out the manpage of smbmount. This will allow you to mount the NT
shares as directories on your linux box.

Ian