Problem with Samba server

Vyenkatesh.Khataokar at kvaerner.com Vyenkatesh.Khataokar at kvaerner.com
Wed Sep 19 20:06:02 GMT 2001

Nitin,

	No I havnt configured my SGI box as a dc, which I dont want to. I
already have one samba instance running of 1.9.18 version on another SGI BOX
( which is running fine without any problems) I want to upgrade to this
2.0.5 samba version so I have configured another SGI box for test. This new
SGI box is also working fine there is no problem for SMBD and NMBD as such,
SAMBA is working fine. Windows NT clients are getting the server they can
access database on SGI box and work with their software which is on Windows
NT. The main problem is whenever I start SMBD and NMBD some of the Windows
NT clients try to connect to this new SAMBA server as a logon server, and I
have to do a NLTEST reset for them for unable them to get Windows NT domain.
I have different domains for Windows and Unix. so whenever I start SMBD and
NMBD I get lot of calls from Windows NT clients saying that they dont get
windows nt domain at all in there domain lists.

	My resource domain is different and logon domain is different. so
users are not able to see the logon domain after this samba services
started.

	I can not start samba because of this problem even if samba is
working.

	I hope I have narrated my problem properly. Please do let me know if
I am not clear in narrating my problem.

	I am attaching herewith the SMB.conf file.

Kind Regards,

Vyenkatesh Khataokar
Sr. Systems Assistant
Computer Integrated Engineering