File Size on Disk

James Nord teilo at cdt.luth.se
Wed Sep 19 10:09:02 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 01:09:24PM +0100, Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] wrote:
>
>>I had the same issue but it was just a display problem, actually the size on
>>disk is reported wrongly by samba. Yes, it is a little problem, but you can
>>live with that... :-)
>>

>I can't (live with that, that is :-). Can you give me instructions on
>exactly how to reproduce this (compile options for Samba, platform, client etc.).

Also,

Solaris 2.8, Disks are on either Software or hardware raid - same shows
on both.

a 260 byte file (.emacs-places) take 4MB...

du -k reports 1

Can't give you any concrete compile options right now- the guy that
compiled it is away ill, but defaults except
with-spinlocks

I used to see this on my Linux box aswell but I since re-installed and
used the debian (unstable) samba package and it works ok.

>I want to nail bugs like this.

Happy hunting...

/James

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams