Problem with Samba server

Vyenkatesh.Khataokar at kvaerner.com Vyenkatesh.Khataokar at kvaerner.com
Wed Sep 19 04:25:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

	I have Samba Server 2.0.5 installed on IRIX 6.5. All the clients are
accessing it properly which are windows NT 4.0 clients. But at the same time
it is broadcasting the samba server as a logon server for some Windows NT
4.0 clients. So some of the clients are trying to logon onto that IRIX samba
server and in that process they are getting disconnected from windows nt
domain controller and I have to do NLTEST reset for those workstations to
get connected to windows nt domain controller.

	I cant start the SMBD and NMBD services as it effects some of the NT
clients.

	What can I do shall I send u the smb.conf file I am usning.?

	And how do I transfer the UNIX users from normal UNIX passwd file to
SMBPASSWD file with all the things intact I mean 	passwords also. So
that for samba useage the sane UNIX user don't have to change the passwd
again for samba.

Kind Regards,

Vyenkatesh Khataokar
Sr. Systems Assistant