Samba 2.2.1a in WinNT domain

Bill Markley BMarkley at Datalux.com
Mon Sep 17 09:48:02 GMT 2001

 I'm trying to add a RH 7.1 Linux/Samba PC into a WinNT domain.  The PDC is
WinNT and I would like for all users to be validated on that PC or two other
BDC's.  The Samba box is a member of the Domain but it is inaccessible by
any of the NT/98 servers or workstations.  I have tried using the "net use"
command to map a drive to the Linux share but that doesn't work either. It
returns an error.  The Samba box can be seen through MS explorer but cannot
access it.  A "ping" to the box returns no errors.  Can someone point me in
the direction of where the problem may lie.
Thanks,
Bill Markley
Network Admin.
Datalux Corp.