Yes...Another "newbie"

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp7 at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 14 18:52:02 GMT 2001

John:
did you create accounts for each of your users on the Linux box?  did you
create machine accounts for each of the machines?  This is how
authentication takes place in the absence of either Samba as a PDC or
another machine acting as a PDC.  You must have encrypted passwords as well
(which you said you do).

"net view" isn't going to work because you are not authenticated yet and as
a result are not authorized to view the box contents.

James