Samba and PDCs

Doug Douglass ddouglass at denverdata.com
Fri Sep 14 11:59:03 GMT 2001

I got this message the other day when adding a W2K machine to my Samba
2.2.1a + LDAP patch PDC.

My problem was the Samba account I was using to add the machine to the
domain (effectively the root account) did not have permission to modify the
LDAP entry for the machine account. Added ldap root and ldap root passwd to
smb.conf and all was fine.

hope that helps,
Doug