Odd behavior when logging into SMB

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Wed Oct 31 11:13:03 GMT 2001

Tony:
I had a similar issue that ended up being related to name resolution.
However in my case my log.smb was filled with GetHostNamebyAddress failed
entries.  Is this what you have?  If so, the solution is to check your DNS
configuration and make sure that name resolution is working. (and no having
WINS enabled did not change this behavior) There is also a tie in with DHCP
as well with this problem but I won't go into it here since that may not be
your issue.

James