samba 2.2.2 PDC & NT4 client problem

Pieter Grimmerink p.grimmerink at home.nl
Sat Oct 27 14:11:02 GMT 2001

Hi all,

With samba 2.2.2 as PDC, win98 and win2000 clients really start to work,
when I create a share on a client, and add domainusers to the permission
fields, they really have access to the shares.

But:
-Adding 'Domain Users' to a share on a win2000 client fails:
"Unable to lookup user names for display"
-once DOMAIN\user is added, it turns into PDC\user in the permission box
(win2000)
-once DOMAIN\user is added, it turns into DOMAIN\unknown user (nt4)

This last problem is the most serious as far as I'm concerned, it makes the
combination of samba PDC and NT4 clients impossible.

Switching back to my very old and slow samba-tng again.

Regards,

Pieter Grimmerink