FW: SAMBA and Mail client

Tarjei Huse tarjei at nu.no
Sat Oct 27 03:34:02 GMT 2001

> I'm going to set-up an server with SAMBA file sharing and Cyrus-IMAP
> server which use the same user/pass database (LDAP). Is it posible to
> use an Windows logon username and password for a mail client? If it is
> posible, which client suport this and how to set-up the clients?
Hi,

goto www.samba-tng.org/docs.html and read the samba with ldap howto there. I
think most of it will work with 2.2.2 as well (does anyone know of a howto for
2.2.2-ldap? also does anyone know the differences between tng-ldap and
samba-ldap?)

that'll get you started. Install cyrus as well, and you'll need pam-ldap. Note
however that you'll need the ldap-sasl patch becaus cyrus-sasl + cyrus-imapd +
ldap creates a problem. Have a look here for more info on that:
cyrus-utils.sf.net

I've been running this setup for some time now, it works realy nice!

Tarjei