problem: win2k (re)joining domain

Arnold Andrews X-324-4292 aandrews at eng.okla.seagate.com
Fri Oct 26 09:40:06 GMT 2001

Hello again,

I was able to rejoin the domain, after creating a new domain on a different
samba server and joining that.  I also had to delete all the user profiles which
were tied to the original domain.  Once I had cleaned all my "ties" to the
original domain, I was successful at rejoining the domain.

It's strange though, because now it is back to my original problem which started
me on all this in the first place, and that is that I am not able to browse any
computers in the "Microsoft Windows Network".  Just for the record, I am using
Wins, and I only noticed this problem recently.  It was working perfectly
before.  I can still ping any hostname by name, I just can't see them in the "My
Network Places".

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Arnold Andrews

> From: Arnold Andrews X-324-4292 <aandrews at eng.okla.seagate.com>
> Subject: problem: win2k (re)joining domain
> To: samba-ntdom at lists.samba.org
> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:42:34 -0500 (CDT)
>
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded from 2.2.1a to 2.2.2 on Solaris 8.
>
> I don't know whether it was related, but I noticed that I could no longer
browse
> computers within the "Microsoft Windows Networking" section of the "Entire
> Network" under "My Network Places".  Puzzled as to what may have caused this,
> decided to leave the domain by switching from being a member of the domain to
> being a workgroup member.  When I still couldn't browse other computers I
> decided to uninstall the "Microsoft Networking Client".
>
> After I reinstalled the client, I could again see the computers as before.
Now