New update - new problems

Lyubomir Velkov lubo at ru.acad.bg
Fri Oct 26 03:43:02 GMT 2001

First - Thank you Samba Team for you work!

I had two very annoying problems with samba-2.2.1a and RH7.1 - quota
support didn't worked and "the Oplocks" problem (which cause 10 minutes
freezing when user tries to logon , not loading polices and malfunction
in many server installed programs).

After compiling kernel 2.4.12-ac (where the quota support should be
correct) and compiling new samba-2.2.2-src.rpm on my RH 7.1 quota seems
to work but there are some annoying messages splashing on the console
(and in syslog too) all the time:

  VFS: find_free_dqentry(): Data block full but it shouldn't.
  VFS: Error -5 occurred while creating quota.

And I am observing some strange behavior in my NT4 SP6a network...
Most annoying is that from time to time (mostly in the morning when
nobody haven't used these machines for a some time) Workstations are
refusing logons because they  are unable to find their samba domain, and
must be restarted to find it again!
What may cause that?

Another strange thing - some users started complaining that the mail
server (same samba machine) was unreachable ( Netscape Messenger
reported) or Netscape has just disappeared when they are reading their
mail - may be another oplocks problem?