Samba Print Server?

Ed Dam damed92 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 25 10:27:27 GMT 2001

Hello everyone. I am setting up a print server using Samba 2.2.1a. I need to know how to get the print drivers (Win9x, Winnt, Win2k) to the server so clients can download/install them. I have set up the [print$] share in smb.conf. I have created all the proper directories (W32X86, etc..) under the print$ share and given them read/write permissions.

I keep reading that I have to add a "add printer command =" line to the smb.conf, but I can't find ANYTHING as to what this command is? Can anyone help me? What value should I put in for the Add Command  = parameter?

Thanks In Advance..

Edward J. Dam
Network Administrator
Dana Canada, Inc.