Samba 2.2.2, printing.

Egil Rognvik rognvik at tele.ntnu.no
Thu Oct 25 01:24:05 GMT 2001

I am not able to upload printer drivers to my Samba 2.2.2 server. I can
install printer drivers locally logged into 2000 as root, but the server
only saves the printer driver name, not the driver itself.

I have a 'printers' directory, 'printers/W32X86' and 'printers/WIN40'. The
directories are empty, and I get no error messages.

I am also not able to install NT 4.0 drivers. The APW keeps asking for the
Server CD-ROM for NT. It is not satisfied with the drivers I try to
install, even the simplest ones, like QMS-PS 810.
This means I cannot install new printers on NT 4.0 PC's, I can only only
the old ones.

What am I doing wrong, what am I missing here?

(Printing worked OK with Samba 2.0.7)

Egil Rognvik
Egil Rognvik            E-mail: egil.rognvik at tele.ntnu.no
Instrumenttjenesten,    http://www.tele.ntnu.no/users/rognvik
Teleteknikk             Telefon:  +47 73 59 14 23
NTNU                    Fax:      +47 73 59 76 40