WIN98 not seeing shares

Greg Zartman greg at kwikfind.com
Wed Oct 24 07:39:05 GMT 2001

What version of Samba are you using.  I ran into this problem a couple of
months back with a CVS of Samba 2.2.2(pre).  With Samba 2.2.1a, Win98 could
see all machines in the domain, but when I switched to 2.2.2(pre) it was
like it was on the network all by it's self.

I posted the issue here, but didn't see it really go anywhere.  We don't
have a Win98 sys on our network any longer, so I can't report if Samba 2.2.2
release fixed the problem or not.  Is anyone else having a problem with WIn
98 and Samba 2.2.2?

Greg