AW: Getting Desperate

Moeller Daniel (QI/CCE2-SI) * Daniel.Moeller at de.bosch.com
Mon Oct 22 13:46:03 GMT 2001

Hi Paul,

I would suggest you create all users on your Unix box with the same user ID
as in NT. Use "encrypt passwords = yes", "security = server" and "password
server = <PDC>". This way winbind isn't required and passwords in
/etc/password are ignored, the password information comes from the NT PDC.
Of course you will need plenty of disk space for your 30000 users ...
File permissions and groups are handled on the Unix side.

Kind regards,
Danny