problems with smbclient + German special chars (umlaute) Part II

Chr. Rossmanith cr at neuro.ma.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Oct 22 06:47:04 GMT 2001

Hi,

some days ago I've reported problems accessing files with special
characters (like German umlauts) in their names using smbclient. It
seems to be a samba version problem. I've installed samba-2.1.0-prealpha
in parallel on the machine having the problems and that smbclient with
the samba-2.2.2 config file (smb.conf) works fine. So I'd guess that my
config file should be fine?!?

During configure I'm using the --prefix and the --with-smbmount options.

For those not having my problem: Which version of samba are you using?

Christina Rossmanith