Joining a domain with a W2K Client

Alain Souric alain.souric at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 20 19:49:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm using samba 2.2.1a on a RH 7.1 machine. I set it up as a PDC.
When I try to join the domain on my W2k Pro machine, I am prompted for a user/password, I enter root and the correct password and I get the error "The specified User does not exist".
But if I map a samba drive with root user, it works fine.
So it's not a problem a user/password. It's something else.
My root account is defined in the smbpasswd file, my machine account also, and of course,
the domain logon is set to yes in my smb.conf.
If I do a smbclient -L myserver -U root, it works fine.

I must miss something. I don't know where to look. I'm lost!

Any help would be very appreciated.