Can't get domain auth to work?

Scott Mann Scott.Mann at lefthandnetworks.com
Sat Oct 20 15:40:02 GMT 2001

Hi All,

I have a W2K domain controller. I downloaded samba-2.2.2 and compiled
with winbind
and ntacls. All of that went well.

I followed the instructions in the winbind man page to set up my Linux
box
as a domain client. With winbindd running, I can get wbinfo to work just
fine (including -u, -g, -n, -S, -Y, etc.).

When I try to log in as a W2K user on the Linux system, however, it does
not work.
The problem seems to be with pam_winbind. When I use the debug argument,
it always
says that the user is "not found" even though it is a valid user in the
W2K domain
and shows up as such with wbinfo -u.

Any ideas, RTFMs, etc. sincerely appreciated!

Rgds,
Scott