Need help to setup Samba PDC for Windows 9x/NT/2000

Tai Kee Leong Leong at nti.infomal.com.my
Fri Oct 19 00:05:22 GMT 2001

Hello everyone,

I need help to configure a Samba as the PDC for Windows 9x/NT/2000 machines.
I have configure the encrypted password based on the document I read from
redhat.com entitle 'Using Samba with Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000'. The
following command was used: -

- cat /etc/passwd | mksmbpasswd.sh > /etc/samba/smbpasswd
- chmod 600 /etc/samba/
- smbpasswd username

The machine that I login is Windows 2000 with workgroup but Samba could not
authenticate my username. What else do i need to configure?

The software version as follow:-
- Redhat Linux 7.0 with Samba 2.0.7
- Windows 2000 Professional with SP1

Thank you.