winbind

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 18 05:39:02 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:
>> Is it possible to get winbind to talk to a linux PDC, or will it only
>> work with a Windows PDC ?
>
>Nope, there are some server side call missing. Scheduling conflict (and
>we needed to get 2.2.2 out). Fixing this in smbd and the mem leaks in
>winbind are top priority for 2.2.3 (due as soon as we've fixed this).

Hmm, a lot of it sure works for me...I'm running a fairly recent (within
last 2 weeks) PDC and winbind, and it works...including ACL support.  I've
been running that way for quite a few months now...what shouldn't be
working?

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center
6 Minuteman Drive
Scarborough, ME 04074
USA

jmcd at us.ibm.com

Phone: (207) 885-5565
IBM tie-line: 776-9984

jra at samba.org (Jeremy Allison)@lists.samba.org on 10/17/2001 10:48:00 PM

Sent by:  samba-ntdom-admin at lists.samba.org

> Is it possible to get winbind to talk to a linux PDC, or will it only
> work with a Windows PDC ?

Nope, there are some server side call missing. Scheduling conflict (and
we needed to get 2.2.2 out). Fixing this in smbd and the mem leaks in
winbind are top priority for 2.2.3 (due as soon as we've fixed this).

Jeremy.