Problems with samba 2.2.2 and 2.2.1a

Chris Tooley ctooley at amoa.org
Wed Oct 17 13:19:03 GMT 2001

I had a problem similar to this when I was first setting up my 2.2.0
box. I resolved it by editing my smbpasswd file with vi and pulling out
an entry that was garbled up.  It appeared that when it got to that
entry it just bombed and wouldn't load the rest of the users.  Deleting
the  entry fixed the problem.  BTW on mine the "garbled" entry was fine
except that I had put a # in front of it manually and that seemed to
confuse it.

Good luck,

Chris Tooley