pdc

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Oct 15 13:51:02 GMT 2001

mario wrote:
.
> But when I want to add a new NT-Machine
> to the domain, the Network-Settings on NT
> produce an crash (memory fault) and in the log
> file I have the following entry:

Hi Mario!

What versions of NT do you use?

I have had an installation of NT4 with 2.07 as well as 2.20/21 with
Windows 2000. Samba is PDC and does authentication of the MacOS/Netatalk
clients (pam_smb) as well. Now I installed samba-2.21a as fileserver and
samba-tng to be pdc (both on one machine) to get more control on user
and group permissions (I needed some kind of group mapping, and as
domain groups is gone with samba-2.2, I have a tng-pdc now ;-).

So please give us some details on the installation you have / you want.

CU, Lars.

(Das Werk - etwa auch einer von der Firma, die es auch hier in Frankfurt
gibt...? ;-)