Printerdriver Distribution to Windows NT 4.0

dennis.bieling at primedisc.com dennis.bieling at primedisc.com
Mon Oct 15 06:13:26 GMT 2001

Hello!

I installed a Samba-Printserver for my Windows NT 4.0 clients.
The server works fine and even the printer-driver distribution works fine,
but
I discovered the following problem:
When I upload a Windows-printerdriver using the APW, all my clients
can use this driver and it is distributed to them fine, but when I have to
restart the
Samba-Server the driver seems gone.
Therefore I had a closer look and noticed that the server took the correct
path as
specified in my print$ , switched to W32X86 but then created a subfolder
named "2".
In that subfolder he wrote all the dll- and ppd- files but no inf-file.
This problem occured
when I tried to install 2 different HP Laserjet drivers.

Best regards
Dennis