Windows NT4 Domain: Printing on a printer connected to NT-Box from Linux-Box

Oliver Methfessel oliver at methfessel.net
Sun Oct 14 04:22:02 GMT 2001

HI There,

I have a smal LAN here at home. As a server I have got a Windows NT4
Box, as Clients I have  seom Win95 /98 Boxes and for some weeks now  a
Suse 7.0 Box.

Everything is working fine. Except one thing:

I can't print on my Printer (Hp DJ 820Cxi) which is connected at the
server.    With the Windows-Clients it is no problem, but with the
linuxbox I am not able to print.
I have joined succesfully the domain called "methfessel" and installed
the printer like desribed in the docs from sdb.suse.de

When I want to test the configuratoin by typing

    lpr -Premote test.txt

he tells me

   bash-2.04# lpr -Premote test.txt
   lpr: connect: Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt (: connection refused)
   jobs queued, but cannot start daemon

For Information:

   I named the forwarding queue remote (in apsfilter, generated with
lprsetup)
   I can access all the other shares on the server, also the printer
named "hp" (with smbclient)

Any Sugestions how to solve that problem???

http://www.methfessel-com.de   |   oliver at methfessel.net
http://www.whf.de              |   http://www.leibnetz.de