Some questions: Samba+SQL; LDAP; roaming profiles on Win2k+WinME+Win9x

Damir Dezeljin Programing at nib.si
Sat Oct 13 03:39:02 GMT 2001

Firstly excuse my poor english :)

I want to set up a system with only off-site users. The main purpose of
doing this is to have a more secure box and to have password
syncronization. I have some questions:
- Is it posible to use the same MySQL table to autenticate a user with
Samba and CyrusIMAP or I have to rewrite an PAM? << any sugestion??? Is
there any Samba+SQL HOWTO?
- Is it posible to map all samba users to a single UID (single linux
user) << are there some problems with that?
- What about LDAP - I read some docs, but I don't understand what
advantage I will have if I use LDAP???

I'm curently using Samba 2.2.1a with Win9x WinME and Win2k clients and I
have problems with roaming profiles (with start menu, IE temporary
files,...). How can I set up those clients to store ONLY Favorites, IE
settings and My Documents on roaming profiles?

Is it posible to limit a logon time of certain users with SAMBA (ex.
user dezo can login only between 7 AM and 3 PM)? If it is posible, how
can I set up an auto logout after this time period?

Regards,
Dezo