AW: "security = domain" Problem

Askew Bernard bernard.askew at rtc.ch
Fri Oct 12 05:02:03 GMT 2001

Hi
-Did you join the domain?
	smbpasswd -j <domain> -r <password server>
-Can you see the server on your NT
	execute c:\winnt\system32\srvmgr, you should see your shares
-Did you make a usermap file?
	make sure that all your NT users who will have access to the shares
exist in this file and that they correspond 1 to 1 to a different UNIX user.
For this you will have (in the normal case) to create as many UNIX users as
NT Users.

Still difficulties? write back. I've done it for about 400 users, and it
works fine. The only problems you might have is the administration (open
users on both environments). But there's no 2nd password control and the
use is transparent. Try finetuning with rights (you can hide where no
rights, which is not possible with NT!)

Rgds
Bernard Askew