Samba Newbie

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Thu Oct 11 10:02:36 GMT 2001

Lynn:
You need to be a little more specific about what type of problem you are
having.  People are generally very helpful if you provide the right
information.  Apologies If I missed an earlier post that had this info.
What version are you running?  Have you checked to make sure that smbd and
nmbd are both running? Are you in the same workgroup as your domain (if you
are a domain member)? Can you use smbclient -L machinename and get a list of
shares from a windows machine?  What does nmblookup -d2 '*' return?  You
should get a list of boxes on the network.

HTH

James