"security = domain" Problem

Horst Lederhaas lederhaas.horst at seidel.at
Wed Oct 10 05:55:02 GMT 2001

Hello !

I would like to put my samba file server in a existing nt 4.0 domain.
It work's all fine, only the password verification makes some problems.

I've enabled:
"security = domain"
"password server = 10.10.1.2 10.10.1.9"
"encrypt passwords = yes"

Now i have the problem that samba only looks in the smbpasswd file for
the passwords.
If i enable in smbpasswd that "no password required" an a client does
not do a domain
logon to the nt servers, and the user exists on the samba server, he get
access to the server, even
also when the password is not correct (to the nt pdc).
i would'nt like to convert the nt users to a smbpasswd.

Is this normal that he only look in the smbpasswd? i would like to
verify the user on my nt domain.
I've read that only the user must exist, without any password and the nt
pdc says if the password is correct
or not.

I hope you can follow me with my problem, and anybody can help me.
I use SuSE 7.2 with Samba 2.2.0
The PDC and BDC are NT 4.0 Srv. SrvPack 6

Thnx
Horst

--
Horst Lederhaas,  <mailto:lederhaas.horst at seidel.at>